Every person in this world has different beliefs and we need to respect that. We all have the right to consider our beliefs to be private and sacred. Spirituality is not defined as a religious preference component. Rather, we see it as a means of expressing our humanity.
The spirituality in the workplace has seven principles which are listed below. Each principle is just as important as the other.
Our creativity includes using laughter, freedom and color to increase our productivity. Creativity means fun and people are more likely to work harder if they are enjoying what they are doing. When we use our creativity, we learn to step out of the box. Instead of sticking to our old habits and beliefs that are outdated, we come up with new ways of going, being and thinking.
This is what allows peers to be able to work together. The way we learn is based on communicating with a teacher or parent. Instead of being open about things, we opt to say what we think is expected of us. What we should learn instead is truly listening to what others have to say and saying the truth as you see it.
Respecting our peers means accepting who they are, including their differences. Respect and acceptance comes hand in hand all the time. And whatever differences we have, we learn to use it in a manner that will benefit everyone. Let us not criticize others just because they are different. Rather we should learn the different ways that people see the world. Always ask permission before posting any pictures of your workplace to your photography portfolio online for instance!
This is the ability to look beyond what is there or what is unseen. This is a trait that describes a leader or an entrepreneur. Some people are born with this trait while others learn to widen their perspective. They learn to question what is obvious and think of possibilities that go beyond what is already acceptable.
In partnership, you learn your individual responsibility to the team and your partners and you have enough trust that your teammates or partners will do their responsibilities and commitments to the team as well. In partnership, you also accept that each person has different perspectives and beliefs. You learn to use these differences in a positive way to expand the experience of the team. 6. Energy
When people are able to express themselves and feel that they are being respected by their management and peers, they tend to feel a positive vibe or energy. Each person has the ability to contribute to the energy force of the team. The kind of energy that you want to surround yourself with is completely up to you. 7. Flexibility
The only constant thing in this world is change and this includes the situations that we are involved in. If you are flexible enough, it is easy for you to adapt to these changes and adjust your habits and beliefs accordingly. This is especially important in our world today that is rapidly going through changes. How can we learn to be flexible? We can learn to determine trends and be prepared for these trends.
Meditation is helpful in many ways, especially in keeping our other habits under control. Instead of impulsively reacting to situations, we become more aware of what is going through our minds. Instead of reacting automatically, we learn to make choices. Meditation is a good way to know yourself better. It is not an easy habit to get started and keep going. But if you follow the tips that we have here for you, you’ll eventually find it easier to stick to meditation. These tips will certainly not turn you into an expert but it will definitely help you get going and sticking to the habit.
1. Take two minutes in a day to just sit. Well, how difficult can that possibly be, right? It is just twominutes after all. So on your first week, begin with sitting for two minutes. And if you are able to survive a week of sitting quietly for two minutes a day, increase that by two minutes on the next week. Gradually increase per week until you finally reach sitting for ten minutes at a time. The idea here is to start small.
2. When our day has already started, it is easy for us to forget meditating especially as the day progresses into a busy one. So to avoid this, do your meditation first thing in the morning. If you tend to be a forgetful person, place sticky notes with a reminder to meditate in places where you would notice it right away.
3. Stop worrying about how you should be sitting, where you should be sitting, the kind of cushion or chair to be using and all that. While all these things can make us quite comfortable, it is really not that important for you to begin. You can simply sit on your chair, couch or even your bed. If you are most comfortable sitting on the floor, feel free to do so. Besides, you’ll only be starting with two minutes. Maybe when you take a longer time to meditate, you can start thinking about staying comfortable.
4. The moment you begin meditating, check how you are doing and what you are feeling. What quality is your mind in right now? Are tired? Maybe busy? How about anxious?
5. After you have settled in with how you are doing, it is time for you to start counting your breaths. When you breathe in, make sure that you follow your breath all the way to your lungs. Count one when you inhale and two as you exhale and so on until you reach ten then you should start with one again.
6. There will be quite a lot of times when your mind will begin to wander as you count your breaths. It’s okay, don’t beat yourself up over it because it happens to everyone. Simply focus your attention back to your breathing and start counting all over again.
7. As you go through your meditation, you will also notice that feelings and thoughts are arising. Do not consider these feelings as enemies. Instead, consider them to be your friends. They may not be all of you but they are a part of who you are so learn to look at these things in a friendly manner.
The common answer to that would be faith is believing in the things that you want yourself to believe in but cannot prove. It is a sad reality that many people believe that faith is defined as such. Even Christians have defined faith in this manner. It may be liberating for many because they are able to believe in whatever they want to believe in. They do not need to give any explanation because none can be given and it is all about faith. However, there are people who find this definition to be sickening. Embracing faith with this kind of definition in mind means you stop thinking. The more your faith increases, the more your reasoning and meaning of life disappears too. You end up living in the dark with this definition of faith.
When you define faith incorrectly, you will be asking the wrong questions and the problems that you deal with will be the wrong ones. As a result, you end up having the wrong answer too. When you have faith, it should not be about wishful thinking. Faith does not mean you should believe non-existent things and it does not warrant everything to be believable.
So how should we correctly define faith? The Hebrews author has defined faith as “…a substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen…” It can also be defined as believing that God exists and any person who seeks God will be rewarded by Him.
So let us have a much simpler example. You have a female friend and you tell this friend that you have faith in him. What are you referring to exactly? You know that the person exists and you know in your heart that you can trust this person, believe the things he says and you have trust in him as a person. The same thing is applicable for your faith in God. You know the he exists and you believe that God’s promises can be trusted. It is quite difficult to trust a person who is not there and if you do not think that a person’s promises are reliable, then you certainly would not rely on that, would you? Our faith in God does not make him real. On the other hand, this is how we respond to the God who wants us to know him.
Right from the very beginning of the church, its refrain has never changed. “Come, believe and follow the light of the world.” Not once did the church ever appeal for the people to go to the dark. You can never find anything like that in the scripture. What the church is asking us to do instead is take the lighted path. The messages that you will find in the Christian scripture is not based on ignorance. Christians are called to look at things as they are and not what we want them to be. We believe in God because we know he is real. He has been revealed to us through his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit as well.
What is spirituality? Is it the same as religion? If you are not quite sure what it is, then you have come to the right place. To begin with, spirituality and religion are two different things. There are different kinds of spirituality and there are reasons why people opt to lead spiritual lives. This article that you are about to read will be quite helpful if you happen to be a victim of discrimination or if you just want to know more about spirituality and have a better understanding of it.
So what is spirituality? There is an ongoing debate until today about what spirituality is. This is something that is often misunderstood by many and is being confused with religion. Every religion does emphasize that being a spiritual person is part of the faith but it is quite possible to be a spiritual person without being part of a religion or religious community.
How do religion and spirituality differ?
When you say religion, there is a particular set of practices and beliefs that is shared by the religious group. Whereas for spirituality has more to do with each person’s practice. It has a lot to do with getting that sense of purpose and peace. It has more to do with developing your beliefs based on your perception of the meaning of life and how you can connect with others.
For a quick analogy, take a look at a football game. Rules are set and referees are there to ensure that you and the other players abide by these rules as you play the game. This is what religion is like. With spirituality however, imagine yourself to be kicking a ball in the park. There are no rules to abide to or field markings to remember. You just play as you wish because you are having fun but without missing the essence of a football game.
The Different Types of Spirituality
1. Mystical spirituality – one has the desire to go beyond this materialistic world, the senses and ego. With this kind of spirituality, one is focused on having a sense of unity with every thing.
2. Authoritarian spirituality – It is based on the need to have rules and definitions. This is often seen in some religious practices around the world.
3. Intellectual spirituality – One is focused on having the knowledge and spiritual understanding by studying history and theories related to spirituality. This is normally found in theology.
4. Service spirituality – commonly seen in many forms of religion. The foundation of this spirituality is serving others.
5. Social security – Commonly used by people who get a spiritual feeling when they are with other people. Typically, social support is an important part of spirituality.
Why is spirituality being practiced by many people?
It is a great way to find peace in a normally busy lifestyle. You have a good chance of having a getting different perspectives with spirituality and you learn to recognize that we have much bigger roles in this life that goes beyond what we do on a daily basis. Spirituality gives us the power to avoid depending on material objects and have a greater purpose.
Error type: "Forbidden". Error message: "Project 205227544751 has been scheduled for deletion and cannot be used for API calls. Visit https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/projects?pendingDeletion=true to undelete the project." Domain: "usageLimits". Reason: "accessNotConfigured".
Did you added your own Google API key? Look at the help.